Just a quick hack/mod this weekend. I got a promotional USB Drive during the week and wanted to do something interesting with it. I was looking for something to hide it in something interesting like a toy car or some Lego, but I'd seen that done many times. Then I thought, hang on, people call these USB sticks, why don't I create a Literal USB Stick! This has been done before (link) but I already had the drive and I have plenty of sticks in my backyard, plus buying things is no as much fun! Here's how I did it.
- Select your USB Drive.
- Select a stick that is thick enough to fit your USB Drive in.
- Cut the stick to the desired length.
- Sit your USB Drive on the end of the stick and trace around it.
- Plan and mark where to drill your holes to maximise the wood removal and minimise clean up later. I drilled three 5.5mm holes (see below).
- Figure out how deep you need to go and drill the holes.
- Cleanup the hole until your USB Drive fits in snuggly.
- Optionally silicon in your drive (mine seems tight enough without it for now).
- Action Shot!!
Bright idea for customizing a USB with a stick. Here are some promotional products that you can customize on your own, just visit the site http://www.davarni.com.au.ReplyDelete
These USB rocket launchers can truly pack a punch and serves to hang loose! game of thrones flash memoryReplyDelete
Sadly, the reason such a significant number of electronic items are loaded down with highlights is that it is moderately shoddy to add highlights to them!sweep and mop vacuumReplyDelete
While I concur, balance might be troublesome for youngsters to accomplish as they don't have the right stuff for self-control and will frequently take the simple course if not coordinated by a grown-up. bobsweep pethair plusReplyDelete
In addition to this, recent developments have also allowed people to download shows for later viewing while you watch another show.bobsweep proReplyDelete
The cool new Progressive Backup framework just backs up new or changed information after the main backup is made. u disk USBReplyDelete
However, it's vital that you know the journey are not easy. canada mortgage calculator Many people across Canada are aiming to purchase a brand new home. canada mortgage calculatorReplyDelete
Great article on the Literal USB Stick! It's always exciting to see innovative and unique designs in the world of technology. https://electronicbookreadingdevice.com/ReplyDelete